I recently had the privilege of being on the Microsoft Cloud Show where I was interviewed by the hosts, Andrew Connell and Chris Johnson, about Azure Premium Storage. During the interview I referenced several articles and links. Here are a list of all the relevant links from that interview (and a few others on the topic you may find interesting):
- Azure Premium Storage by the Numbers – my own blog post with all the numbers I crunched while testing premium storage.
- Premium Storage: High-Performance Storage for Azure Virtual Machine Workloads – A solid overview of premium storage with lots of tips on how to use is most effectively
- Azure Premium Storage, now generally available – Has some really good descriptions around Premium Storage and especially how caching works.
- Azure VM Pricing – Base pricing for various VM sizing, include DS and GS. Just make sure you pick a region that has the VM you’re looking for.
- Sizes for virtual machines – The VMs by the numbers. Again for all the sizes including DS and GS. This gives you all the limits of the various VM sizes
- New GS-Series VM – a subset of the link above showing just the GS Series VMs
- Performance best practices for SQL Server in Azure Virtual Machines – Contains some best practices for both premium storage on non-premium storage
- Azure Premium Storage is Expensive – my personal blog post showing a snapshot on how premium storage effected my monthly bill
- Delete all Data Drives on an Azure VM with PowerShell – another one of my blog posts where I talk about a reference my PowerShell script for deleting all my data drives on a VM. I used this for deleting drives on a VM created on the Classic or ASM Azure Model.
- DiskSpd Tool – The tool I used for doing all my disk speed tests
AC and CJ let me share my pics on the podcast as well, so here are links to those:
– Anki Overdrive
– Playing around with a Raspberry Pi, Node.js, Azure and an LED)